GUIDELINES FOR THIRD PARTY CHARITABLE EVENTS AND PROMOTIONS
Donations to JB’s Keys to DMD are extremely important, and your interest in JB’s Keys to DMD is greatly appreciated. JB’s Keys to DMD is accountable to the public for fundraising activities as they relate to raising funds and awareness for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. To this end, the following guidelines have been developed to serve as standards for those who organize special events, benefits or promotions on behalf of JB’s Keys to DMD. All questions regarding these guidelines should be directed to the President of JB’s Keys to DMD.
- As a responsible steward of public funds, JB’s Keys to DMD believes that expenses shall be no more than 25% of gross revenue.
- JB’s Keys to DMD is willing to reimburse all expenses to appropriate parties up to 25% of the gross revenue.
- Third party should be prepared to provide access to an accounting of revenues and expenses. If required to do so, an accounting and fund distribution (if applicable) will be expected within 60 days after the conclusion of the special event and/or promotion.
- Third party must request written permission to use JB’s Keys to DMD name and/or logo. No use of JB’s Keys to DMD name and/or logo shall be allowed without written consent.
- All promotional material related to benefitting JB’s Keys to DMD must be reviewed and approved by JB’s Keys to DMD.
- Third party agrees to inform JB’s Keys to DMD of any effort to recruit financial underwriters for any special event or promotion benefitting JB’s Keys to DMD. Informing JB’s Keys to DMD of all underwriting requests will ensure there is no duplication of underwriting efforts that may be currently underway.
- JB’s Keys to DMD is not responsible for ticket sales or other administrative aspects as they relate to the third party’s events/promotions. Third party must have the means to sell tickets to the event/promotion, if necessary.
- JB’s Keys to DMD is not responsible for staffing the third party’s events/
- promotions. Third party must have the means for staffing the event/ promotion, if necessary.
- JB’s Keys to DMD is not responsible for the follow up acknowledgements to sponsors, donors and guests. Third party must have the means for acknowledging the sponsors, donors & guests.
- Third party is responsible for obtaining any permits, licenses and clearances required by the government and local officials and must be in compliance with all applicable laws. Third party is also responsible for obtaining all appropriate and necessary insurance coverage.
- Third party is responsible for complying with all IRS and state regulations regarding the event. IRS and State Attorney General regulations governing charitable deductions for participations in special events are quite specific and can be found at their respective websites.
- If donations are derived from sales promotions of a product, the product must be seen as non-controversial. For further clarification of “noncontroversial”, direct all questions to the marketing and/or development department of JB’s Keys to DMD.
- The JB’s Keys to DMD is available to discuss specific gift restrictions favored by the third party event/promotion organizer. However, the JB’s Keys to DMD may reserve the right to use the funds generated as it sees fit without restriction if not otherwise specified.